Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chocolate Cake

Baked my first chocolate cake today. It didn't turn out perfect but it still tastes delish. I messed up in applying the frosting. I should have heated it first so it would be easy to spread. No wonder my cake looks sloppy. Hehe...

I made it for my mother-in-law's birthday. I wanted to bake a real cake (from scratch) but I figured I better just stick to using cake mix since I'm a newbie baker. I used Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge. I made spaghetti with meatballs too but I didn't take a pic.

Two years ago, the kitchen would have been the last place in the world where you will find me. I just didn't have the slightest interest in cooking. Well, here I am now gradually warming up to it. It's been almost two years since I got married. I guess it comes with the territory. It took me forever but I am now discovering the joy of cooking...and yup, baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment