Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a nice valentine be it with a spouse, someone special, loved ones, or friends. I know valentine shouldn't really be a big deal since we're supposed to appreciate the ones we love every single day anyway, but it still wouldn't hurt if we decide to do something big or small to commemorate the day.

DH and I did not do anything fancy, but we did have fun. We had lunch at an indian restaurant where we always go when we're craving for some indian dishes. We didn't wanna go out at night when restaurants are crowded so we started our little celebration early. After lunch, we stopped by Barnes and Noble to pick books. I got Freedom by Jonathan Franzen since I've heard so many good things about it. I told DH I'd rather have books than flowers (a sure sign that I'm getting old...gasp). They didn't have Just Kids by Patti Smith so I'll just order it online.

In turn, I gave him a collage that I made of some of the places that we've been to as a couple. I included a cartoon pop-up of ourselves that was part of our wedding invitation back in 2008.

Here's DH holding my gift for him.


Our little gifts for each other

We capped our date by watching the movie, Just Go with It, starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. It was surprisingly funnier than I thought it would be. So by 5:00 pm we were ready to go home just like we planned. What a bunch of oldies. Hehehe

Oh...and DH spotted these lovebirds celebrating their own valentine too. So cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment