Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and the dads and everyone else who also double-duty as moms. May the love that you give your children be given back to you a hundred-fold. 

Here is a photo of me and my mom taken at my church wedding on Dec. 6, 2008. DH and I flew to Japan two days after our wedding and I haven't been back to the Philippines since. Needless to say, I miss my mom so much. I wish she could be there to hold my hand when I give birth. I will just have to wait until we get to go home for a short vacation hopefully this Christmas. And then the plan is she would stay with us for half a year here in the states when Tala turns six months so I can go back to school. That way, Tala will be at least a year old before we have to leave her at daycare. 


I love you, 'Nay. Thank you for everything. I carry with me all the love, lessons, and wisdom that you so patiently instilled in me. You're my number one role model. There's no one in this world that I look up to more than you. I could only hope to be half as good a mom as you are to me and my siblings, but I'll certainly try.

No comments:

Post a Comment