Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sunday Barbecue

I invited fellow pinoys last Sunday for a barbecue in our house. DH made perfect barbecue pork ribs  and chicken while I prepared the pasta, avocado and cantaloupe salad, and fruit salad. Our guests brought macaroons and cassava cake.


It was a delight hosting the Miller family. I got to know them through DH who recruited Mrs. Miller's son in the navy. Her son is now deployed at Camp Pendleton in California where DH was based for 10 years in his younger years.

Mrs. Miller introduced us to the Filipino community here in Temple. We get together for picnics, the annual Christmas party, and other activities.  I miss my family back home and spending time with my fellow pinoys every once in a while helps. As the saying goes, you can take the Filipino out of the Philippines, but you can never take the Philippines out of the Filipino. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment