Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ready to be Me

This excerpt from the book Bright Lights, Big City by Jay McInerney sums up how I feel sometimes:

"You tried to tell her, as well as you could, what it was like being you. You described the feelings you'd always had of being misplaced, of always standing to one side of yourself in the world even as you were being in the world, and wondering if this was how everyone felt."

Being in my mid-thirties, you'd think I would have figured out what direction my life is gonna take. But no. It's still an ongoing process. I'm still a work in progress. But aren't we all? Haven't all of us, at one time or another, diverted from our original route, whether by accident or intention?

To this day, I am nowhere near where I want to be. I am so far removed from where my passion lies. Always in doubt, always afraid. I am summoning the courage to finally break free from my invisible chains. It's hard, but I'll be damned if I will let it stop me from being who I really am.

I'm done with excuses. I'm ready to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment