Thursday, June 10, 2010

High and Low

I went back to school last Spring Semester at a community college here in Texas, and took my prerequisites for nursing. I was apprehensive at first since it's been years since I graduated from college. I no longer know how it is to be a student. But I was determined and to my delight, I loved my classes. To top it all, I got a 4.0 and was even included to the President's Honor List. What a lovely surprise!

So I was set into applying for nursing school. I took the entrance exam, got a high score, and put in my application. I was hoping I would start nursing this Fall.

Enter the long awaited letter from my college. I DID NOT GET IN. TO MAKE IT LESS PAINFUL, I WAS ON THE WAITLIST. Huh. Is this really happening? What do I do now? Why didn't I anticipate this?

Because I was so high from getting excellent grades for my prereqs and entrance exam, I forgot that there are other factors being considered for admission. Like being a resident of the city (which I am not) and having taken the co-requisite subjects already (which I haven't).

Where am I going with this? I guess, I just realized that no matter how much we want to achieve a goal and work hard for it, sometimes it doesn't work out. We need to wait it out. We need to reconsider, and learn what we could do more in order to achieve that goal.

I am now taking my co-reqs this Summer Sem. In the Fall, I am taking 4 more subjects. I was disappointed at not being able to stick to my timetable but I know it's just a delay. This is just a bump on the road. I am still on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment