Thursday, June 17, 2010

Run with the wind

I will be joining my first 5k marathon this coming Saturday. It's actually a walk/run which is good for me since I'm in no condition to run. I've been brisk walking for two weeks, ever since we moved to our new house. I'm lucky we now live close to a park. I have a treadmill at home that I use sporadically. It's not the same as being able to feel the wind on my face, and pass by trees and streams as I run.

I have always wanted to join a marathon but never had the chance. I'm not the sporty type but I do love long walks. A week ago, I asked a friend who is into running if she knew of any marathons and voila, here I am about to experience one.

I so love summer! I'm looking forward to swimming, kayaking, camping and maybe fishing, too. But now I have to go back to my online class to do my quizzes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment