Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Little Red Bike

I haven't hopped on a bicycle since grade school, so yesterday when I did, boy did it feel so good! DH and I went to the park where we bicycled to our hearts' desire. I felt wobbly the first few seconds, but after that, I was off like a pro. Summer heat in Texas is unforgivingly humid but thankfully there was a little breeze yesterday. I'm looking forward to Fall so I could bike without breaking into sweats.

I'm sorely in need of exercise so redicovering biking is a good thing. It's the coolest form of exercise, at least for me. It's the only form of exercise that I actually enjoy, besides walking. I stopped running for almost a month, I think. Life got in the way. I'm so busy with summer school that I barely have energy to run even in the treadmill. I know, my bad. My other excuse is that it's just so damn hot.

After biking, we spread a blanket under a tree and had our little picnic. We brought wine (locally made), cheese, pepperoni, salami, crackers and grapes. It was fun just sitting there, relaxing, chatting with DH about silly stuff. Next time, I'll bring books and pillows so we can take a nap.

I'm glad that DH shares my enjoyment of the simple pleasures of life. I love that I can ask him to come with me to concerts at the park, thrifting adventures, and second-hand bookstores when I'm in the hunt for good reads. I don't care what other people say, but to me it's best when couples have a lot in common. It's okay to be different in some things, but not a lot of things! I guess the most important of all is to be in the same wavelength.

So here's a few snapshots of our biking adventure. Some pics are off-center since we were just relying on our gorilla tripod.


This is the japanese bike that DH gave me for my birthday back in 2008.
It folds in half for easy storage. One of my keepsakes from my 8-month
stay in Japan.


Yay for a stress-free weekend!


                                                                   Dear Hubby working it ;p


He rode his bike to work last Friday and got home sweating buckets.


Gratuitous couple photo-op


Wanna do this every weekend.


A little snack to cap our day.

2 comments:

  1. my sisters bf just bought a foldable bike like yours. how's school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm done with summer sem! finally! sooo happy. i can catch up on sleep. i can just relax and not worry abt. stupid exams :)

    ReplyDelete