Monday, June 27, 2011

Music Monday- Quelqu'un m'a dit (Someone Told Me)

I was watching a documentary on Carla Bruni, the First Lady of France, the other day and got to watch some of her music videos. She has a really nice voice and even though I didn't understand a word, I found her songs so beautiful. Wouldn't it be nice to learn how to speak in French?

This particular song is so haunting and lovely. I googled and found out that it's part of the soundtrack for 500 Days of Summer. Part of the lyrics goes:

I’m told that our lives aren’t worth much,
Passing in an instant, like wilting roses,
I’m told that time slipping by is a bastard,
Making its coat of our sadnesses.
That you still loved me
Someone told me…
That you still loved me.
Well ? Could that be possible?

So here it is. Listen and enjoy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment